We understand the necessity of maximizing existing resources and building from proven practices versus duplicating efforts. Thus we partner with strong like minded non profits and social agencies that can help us serve those in need. Our Outreach Menu includes services and resources from ElderSource, Episcopal Children’s Services, Nassau County Public Schools, Micah’s Place, Faith Based Mental Health Counseling information and the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office.
FARM SHARE USDA – This partnership provides TEFAP commodities for our monthly Saturday outreach as well as seasonal produce and other food throughout the year. In 2016, Farm Share provided over 30,000 pounds of fresh and canned food to hungry Nassau County families!
FEEDING AMERICA & FEEDING NORTHEAST FLORIDA - This partnership provides access to a powerful retail program that allows us to pick up directly from assigned retail grocery stores each week- sometimes three times a week! Our community connected grocers that give are PUBLIX, SAM’S CLUB, TARGET, WALMART & WINN DIXIE. We also receive support from our local Harris Teeter. This partnership brought in 382,420 pounds of food and helped us to feed 26,205 families in 2016.
Connections, networking lunches, and monthly civic events held in brand new well appointed outreach center.
As dedicated and fiscally responsible stewards of donated funds and food we understand the necessity of maximizing existing resources, building from proven practices and eliminating duplicative efforts. Thus we partner with strong likeminded nonprofits, businesses and social services agencies that can help us better serve those in need. Our Outreach Menu Partners include ElderSource, Episcopal Children’s Services, Nassau County Public Schools, Micah’s Place, Nassau County Volunteer Dept. and Nassau County Sheriff’s Office.
We are honored to host EPISCOPAL CHILDREN’S SERVICES, MICHAS PLACE, NORTH FLORIDA PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATES, Nassau County Public Schools, and Family Support Services as part of the outreach center menu of services plus collaboration with specific initiatives and events throughout the year.
COMMUNITY HEALTH, MEDICAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES
Through our collective menu and hosted community wellness events, we bring a multitude of much needed free health, medical, dental, vision and social services to our neighbors.
We proudly partner with our Area Agency on Aging, ELDERSOURCE! Together we provide information, resources and support to seniors each week through Outreach Center and community health and wellness events.
NASSAU COUNTY COUNCIL ON AGING provides much needed transport for homebound, low income or mobility limited seniors to our weekly food outreaches.
NASSAU COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE partners with Outreach Center to provide healthy food to homebound seniors during senior safety checks throughout the year.
Become a Partner
If you would like to partner with us, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.
The Power of Partnerships
Utilizing several key partnerships including Feeding Northeast Florida and Farm Share, we receive in, sort, clean and provide an average of 15,000 lbs. of fresh, frozen and dry food each week to 500+ local families struggling with hunger. We now also offer a targeted menu of additional community resources that reflect identified community need.
OUTREACH SERVICE PARTNERS:
- EPISCOPAL CHILDREN’S SERVICES
- NASSAU COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE
- NASSAU COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- NASSAU COUNTY
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
- COUNCIL ON AGING
Why The Journey CHOICE Pantry works:
- OPEN 51 WEEKS OUT OF THE YEAR
- PROVIDES 3 OUTREACHES PER WEEK, Total 165 PER YEAR.
- ONE EVENING OUTREACH SPECIFICALLY FOR WORKING FAMILIES.
- ADDITIONAL MONTHLY SATURDAY OUTREACH.
- RESPECTFUL PROCESS, CLEAR SIGNAGE AND CONSISTENT SCHEDULE.
- SAFE, WELL LIT, HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.
- TRANSPORTATION THROUGH COA FOR THOSE W/O VEHICLE, DISABLED, ETC.
- DELIVERY TO HOMEBOUND SENIORS.
For the Food Insecure:
- PRESERVES DIGNITY AND AUTONOMY
- EQUATES TO COST SAVINGS OF $35.00 per individual THUS ALLOWS SAVINGS TO BE USED FOR MEDICATION, FUEL, RENT, ETC.
- SUPPORTS DIETARY, RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL ISSUES & REDUCES potential FOOD RELATED HEALTH RISKS.
- INCREASES ACCESS TO, AND CONSUMPTION OF Fresh, HEALTHY FOODS.
- PARTNERSHIP RESOURCE NETWORK PROVIDES SPEAKERS, EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS, AND CONTACT LISTS FOR ADDITIONAL FREE Health, Nutritional, Housing, and Social Services.
For Journey Pantry Operations, Outreach & County-Wide Impact:
- OPTIMIZED EFFICIENCIES IN FOOD, CLIENT AND DONOR TRACKING, OUTCOME REPORTING
- SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES FOOD WASTE AND ABUSE (SELLING/TRADING) OF FOOD
- PROVIDES A COMPASSIONATE, RESPECTFUL ENVIRONMENT that LEADS MANY CLIENTS TO COME BACK AND VOLUNTEER.
- DIRECTLY ADDRESSING our COMMUNITY HUNGER NEEDS; STRENGTHENS NETWORK
- PROVIDES PRODUCTIVE AND POSITIVE VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITIES FOR OLDER ADULTS